Join us on May 7th for our Annual Prehistory Day open house even at the Blackwater Draw National Historic Landmark. This even is part of New Mexico Heritage Preservation Month.
Bring the Family! FREE entrance to the site.
We'll have various tables and tents, atlatl throwing, and a tour with the Director.
- Make a necklace using bison teeth beads
- Learn how to flintknap (chipped stone tools!)
- Practice throwing atlatls like prehistoric peoples did to hunt bison & mammoth
- Make a pinch pot to take home & fire in your oven
- Sypport our ENMU students at their bake sale & raffle
- Learn about the site and our excavated bone bed from our director