- Downtown Portales: The "ABC" Streets - Shaded streets with modest to medium-sized 1950s bungalows $55-$100K
- Zodiac Streets - Attractive middle income homes built in the 1960s-80s, mostly brick. Small family-oriented streets. Includes new Sun Court homes, around $135K
- Oakwood Manor - A NEW, gated community filled with attractive brick homes which are all custom-built from $170-230K.
- Mesa Addition - A charming, mainly brick-styled 1990s neighborhood with medium to large-sized homes up to $240K.
- State Streets (Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, etc.) - Modest-sized homes which are within walking distance from the Eastern New Mexico University Campus - $85-150K.
- City Streets (Houston, Indio, etc.) – modest 1960s ranch homes in clean area from $55K-$90K
- Yucca Estates (includes Fox Trails Rentals) – Nice mid-Century homes and luxury rentals, $150K and up to $1,100.month for 3/2)
- Territorial Estates – NEW Brick homes from $135-$180K next to 801 Housing
- Mock Homes – NEW Stucco Homes from $159-179K next to ENMU Arena